- Friday 09.22.2000
- U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
- Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Ownership: Semaphore Entertainment Group (SEG)
- Venue: Lake Front Arena
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Enclosure: Octagon
- TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Frank Shamrock
- Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
- Post-Fight Interviews: James Werme
- Number of MMA Bouts: 8
Rizzo vs. Severn (8), Smith vs. Hoffman (7), Kondo vs. Dantas (4), Freeman vs. Williams (3)
Horn vs. Jackson (6), Iha vs. Clark (5)
UFC 27 Wiki Update Wiki
While the undercard was nothing to write home about, the main event of UFC 27 was one of the best in the company's early history. UFC legend Dan Severn returned to the promotion he had dominated to fight current top heavyweight striker Pedro Rizzo. Although Severn was the fan-favorite fighter of the event, he was destroyed by Rizzo when he verbally submitted after sustaining punishing leg kicks from the Brazilian for 1:32.
In the announcing booth, former UFC Middleweight Champion Frank Shamrock replaced Jeff Blatnick after retiring from active competition and relinquishing his title months earlier.