Preliminary Card | Lightweight · 155 lbs | MMA
Tony Ferguson defeats Aaron Riley via KO/TKO at 5:00 of Round 1
|11-2-0||Pro Record At Fight||30-12-1|
|Climbed to 12-2||Record After Fight||Fell to 30-13|
|-380 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+300 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Ventura, California||Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|27 years, 7 months, 1 week, 5 days||Age at Fight||30 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, 1 day|
|155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)|
|5'11" (180cm)||Height||5'9" (176cm)|
|76.0" (193cm)||Reach||69.0" (175cm)|
|Knuckleheadz Boxing||Gym||AMC Pankration|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage
- Date: Saturday 09.24.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Tom Johnson
- Venue: Pepsi Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 5 of 10)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Ferguson Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Riley Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Ferguson vs. Riley Wiki Update Wiki
The fifth bout of UFC 135 featured Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson taking on Aaron Riley in a lightweight contest.
Riley came forward mixing up his strikes early. The taller Ferguson countered and threw low kicks. Riley feinted back and forth but ate a good combination from Ferguson. Ferguson connected on a big punching combination that had Riley staggered. Ferguson stalked his opponent around the cage looking for the finish. Riley held on but looked to have injured his jaw and ate another big shot a few moments later. Blood came dripping out of Riley's mouth, Ferguson kept on the offensive with a strong body kick. Riley threw a few kicks and counters but couldn't handle the firepower from Ferguson.
In between rounds Riley notified his corner that his jaw was broken and they opted to call the fight in the interest of safety for their fighter. Speaking with Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview, Ferguson commented, "I'm ecstatic, I wish I could have given the crowd a little bit better of a show... I'm sorry it stopped early... We worked a lot on slipping and on fighting a southpaw... I feel kind of skinny [at lightweight] but I think it's a nice home for me."
Ferguson vs. Riley Fight Predictions
Ferguson vs. Riley Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- I was on a controlled and regimented diet for 8 weeks and the best part about having my jaw broken is now I'm on a... http://t.co/KtkD0qP3
- 5 days, 1 hour, and 45 minutes
- @Jonnybones Bones give me and Nick a call your in our backyard!
- 3 days, 22 hours, and 34 minutes
- So glad to be home in #Ventura home sweet home. Think I might sleep in tomorrow, wondering how the waves are going to be tomorrow 8o)
- 2 days, 11 hours, and 39 minutes
- http://t.co/50tF5IlX @aaronriley hey man, nice scrap you got skills bro, Respect. Thanks #Denver @UFC @Danawhite Headinhome to #Ventura
- 1 day, 22 hours, and 34 minutes
- http://t.co/NHt9uKJB "The calm before the storm" ThAnks #Hoss for the great wrap and pre game plan-
- 1 day, 6 hours, and 30 minutes
- Finally relaxing! checked out downtown Denver's #Aquarium Was awesome to see! Any ideas for dinner round here? Or festivities? Last day here
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 18 minutes
- RT @KarynBryant Hear what @TonyFergusonXT told @MMAheat about training w Brock UFC debut + life after TUF http://t.co/m4UrKGYp #UFC135 #MMA
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 7 minutes
- Thanks #Denver for being Awesome! Loudest & best crowd I've fought in front of ever! Def a dream come true. Thanks every1 for your support!
- 21 hours and 24 minutes
- I'm ok everyone. Love all my fans and supporters. Thank you all for your support!
- 5 hours and 10 minutes
- http://t.co/FU5HXBKm #UFC135 #TeamDeathclutch #Knuckleheadz Tony "El Cucuy Ferguson weigh in 155lbs
- 15 hours and 20 minutes
- http://t.co/3DBTIOMu chowin down on the best food ever! #jimmyjohns el Cucuy status!
- 21 hours and 2 minutes
- In the back waiting with my team #knuckleheadz bout to get ready to line up for the weigh ins!!! After I'm scarffing down #jimmyjohns !!!!!!
- 22 hours and 28 minutes
- Riding to the wells Fargo convention center with Hoss @brucebuffer and a whole van full of Ufc fighters and coaches. Right where I need to b
- 23 hours and 23 minutes
- Last practice a huge success, dinner was great hydrated and ready to go for tomorrows weigh ins. Countdown to the weigh in face off #UFC135
- 1 day, 15 hours, and 57 minutes
- RT @trey_fightlife @TonyFergusonXT hey el cucuy saturdays my birthday can i get a RT b4 u mess up riley. #TeamDeathclutch
- 1 day, 16 hours, and 50 seconds
- RT @taramhernandez @TonyFergusonXT's rise to the top and how his career started right here in #West Michigan. Tonight on @FOX17 at ten!
- 1 day, 17 hours, and 29 minutes
- At the UFC open workouts to support teammates @Jonnybones and @travisbrowneMMA
- 2 days and 17 minutes
- @ClayHeavyMetal hands up CHIN down right??? after my fight we will have to meet up n chill been too long brotha. Good fight the other day.
- 2 days, 16 hours, and 28 minutes
- RT @SPIKE_TV RT @insidetuf: You can see #tuf 13 winner @TonyFergusonXT take on Aaron Riley Sat. on @SPIKE_TV as part of the @ufc 135 prelim
- 2 days, 16 hours, and 29 minutes
- @ClayHeavyMetal doin great bro! counting down the days till weighins, how's everything on your side? U down for a snowboarding trip soon?
- 2 days, 16 hours, and 39 minutes
- http://t.co/cO3glWTw Enjoying some Vanilla icecream, coach says can't have half gallon so ill settle for a full pint. Lol loving it
- 2 days, 17 hours, and 30 minutes
- Just saw the commercial for #UFC135 ! O man that pumped me up bigtime!!! Man I love this game!
- 2 days, 18 hours, and 10 minutes
- Watching #TUF14 premiere! Exactly what you should be doing !!! #UFC #MMA toughest sport in the world!
- 2 days, 18 hours, and 13 minutes
- Sorry about the mass links everyone! Facebook and twitter are connected, so when I share pictures it blows up both spots!
- 3 days, 2 hours, and 46 minutes
- Love representing my boss @UFC @danawhite ! Radio interviews went great, time to grub on Oatmeal! Maple Flavor is the best! Mmm pancakes lol
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 11 minutes
- Badass night love the #UFC staff! Always TopNotch, fully honored to be employed by the best @danawhite thank you sir. Night ch'all zzzZzzzz
- 3 days, 14 hours, and 7 minutes
- Thanks for all the support everyone! I hear your cheers and bring your positive energy with me into the ring!
- 3 days, 17 hours, and 23 minutes
- In Denver checked in and ready to get down to business. Probably hit a run soon.
- 3 days, 18 hours, and 33 minutes
- Lol so my mgr and coaches are going over grocery list for me for week... We have water... Water.. water... Oh yea and more water. Lol jeeesh
- 3 days, 18 hours, and 37 minutes
- @julesk_fighter big thanks for all you did for me this camp and all you do for the team Julie Kedzie. My favorite fighter to watch!
- 3 days, 19 hours, and 5 minutes
- Thanks for the luck everyone! #UFC135 #TeamDeathclutch #TeamKnuckleheadz "It's My Time!!!"
- 3 days, 21 hours, and 15 minutes
- http://t.co/qHepti3L waiting @DenverInternational w/ the lovely @XtinaservinXt & Trainers Hoss and Soltero for our ride to UFC HQ
- 3 days, 21 hours, and 25 minutes
- UFC 135 Fight Card: Aaron Riley Talks UFC 135, Tony Ferguson, Greg Jackson's MMA http://t.co/UPBCv9bz
- 4 days, 4 hours, and 58 minutes
- http://t.co/56YRrHWp finished last home workout and couldn't have gone any better. 156.lbs! Now hydrate eat and try to relax... Woosah!
- 4 days, 17 hours, and 56 seconds
- RT @MMAinterviews @tonyfergusonXT feature story reppin' Knucklheadz Boxing: http://t.co/WpbogsDj
- 4 days, 19 hours, and 31 minutes
- Can't wait until this Friday. Weigh ins and then normal food again!
- 5 days, 15 hours, and 37 minutes
- #Deathclutch #Ufc135 #knuckleheadz #jimmyjohns #Dymatize and #kravejerky thanks for all the support ill do my best against Aaron Riley!
- 5 days, 18 hours, and 19 minutes
- Gettin closer to that time..... FIGHT WEEK!!!UFC 135 HERE I COME!!! WEIGHTS LOOKIN GOOD, AND I'M HUNGRY AS HELL. HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!!
- 5 days, 19 hours, and 4 minutes
- Jake Ellenberger looked good tonight. Making a case for contendership.
- 6 days, 14 hours, and 14 minutes
- RT @powder_805 Congrats to @TonyFergusonXT for receiving Ventura county's best athlete!
- 1 week, 1 day, 22 hours, and 31 minutes
- Ventura County Reporter - Best of Culture & Community http://t.co/qH9HHgSn ThAnks Ventura County for our vote! #UFC135 @danawhite
- 1 week, 2 days, and 24 minutes
- RT @Jonnybones: This belt belongs to @JacksonsMMA my team my family! Not coming home without it! #ourbelt http://t.co/upv7NoAh
- 1 week, 2 days, 1 hour, and 53 minutes
- Rise and shine! Time 2 go get hit in the face. Last day of sparring today. Actually, going 2 try and do a lot more hitting than getting hit.
- 1 week, 2 days, 5 hours, and 1 minute
- @ikevallieflagg haha, thanks. I gotta get back out again soon. So many things to hate and so little time!
- 1 week, 2 days, 14 hours, and 13 minutes