Main Card | Heavyweight · 265 lbs | MMA
Travis Browne defeats Rob Broughton via 3 Round Decision
|11-0-1||Pro Record At Fight||15-5-1|
|Climbed to 12-0||Record After Fight||Fell to 15-6|
|-460 (Heavy Favorite)||Betting Odds||+360 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United Kingdom|
|Albuquerque, New Mexico||Fighting out of||Liverpool, England|
|29 years, 2 months, 1 week||Age at Fight||28 years, 6 months, 3 weeks|
|255.0 lbs (115.7 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||261.0 lbs (118.4 kgs)|
|6'6" (198cm)||Height||6'2" (188cm)|
|79.0" (201cm)||Reach||74.0" (188cm)|
|Hayastan MMA||Gym||Wolfslair MMA Academy|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage
- Date: Saturday 09.24.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Josh Rosenthal
- Venue: Pepsi Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 7 of 10)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 265 lbs (120.2 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Browne Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Broughton Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Browne vs. Broughton Wiki Update Wiki
The seventh bout of UFC 135 featured heavyweights colliding as Travis "Hapa" Browne took on Rob "The Bear" Broughton. Browne entered the fight at 2-0-1 in the UFC and 11-0-1 overall. Broughton came into the bout at 1-0 in the UFC and 15-5-1 overall.
Browne landed a strong low kick to begin the fight, then swung heavily but missed with his right hand. The pair clinched up and then broke free with Browne throwing power strikes but not able to land a home run. Broughton connected on a low kick yet was a step behind most of the time. Browne made his way to full mount late in the round but was unable to mount enough offense to put Broughton at serious risk.
Browne landed a vicious low kick in the second round, a punch to the body, and then another low kick. Broughton caught a front kick though was unable to capitalize with a takedown. The pace of the fight slowed as both fighters began to show signs of fatigue. Another low kick from Browne, but it was mostly single power punches and kicks that were being sporadically thrown. Browne grabbed a single leg and secured a takedown with little resistance. Moving directly to full mount, Browne threw a few strikes and then delivered some hammerfists as the round ended.
Browne controlled the third round, smothering Broughton on the ground but lacking the energy and perhaps experience to take advantage of his superior position. Broughton gave Browne a scare late in the round with a kimura from the bottom until Browne escaped and closed out the slow-paced and mildly disappointing fight.
Browne vs. Broughton Fight Predictions
Browne vs. Broughton Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- First day of dipping my oldest off at kindergarden!!! They get so big so fast!!!!
- 2 days, 20 hours, and 35 minutes
- @SugarRaySefo thank you coz!!!! I think my boy B vera is coming to train with you..
- 13 hours and 5 minutes
- Hey guys I've had a ton of interest in my walkout shirt, so you can get it @famoussas .com doin it big son!! @travisbarker
- 12 hours and 23 minutes
- Sorry guys @dawensel won the tickets. Thanks for all the support I wish everyone could win. Please tune in and support thanks #HAPA
- 49 minutes
- I'm giving away 2 tickets to tmrws @ufc fight And it seems like no one is even interested. RT #HAPA and click like http://t.co/V0qbL5JF
- 18 hours and 6 minutes
- “@TimmyPTGOD: @travisbrowneMMA @ufc @famoussas @travisbarker http://t.co/B98EV10s” that's the spirit.
- 21 hours and 35 minutes
- Win 2 tickets for someone in Denver RT #HAPA and click like http://t.co/V0qbL5JF @clayguida @VF_Elite @MusclePharm @SafeAuto @AllianceMMA
- 21 hours and 54 minutes
- Getting lined up with donell, he drove an 1.5 hours to come to the room.. Thank you sir!! http://t.co/nyO10kVP
- 1 day, 17 hours, and 16 minutes
- Hey @Jonnybones here can a man go to get lined up?!?! You know where black people go lol gotta get it done right!!!
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 22 minutes
- Thank you @KrystalDenver for having me on the show!! If you missed it, you can come see your fav @ufc fighters tomorrow 12-3 @Musclepharm
- 3 days, 5 hours, and 12 minutes
- Denver fans make sure to come down to @hot1071denver studio to meet me and the lovely @KrystalDenver
- 3 days, 7 hours, and 17 minutes
- Had a great time watching these guys work!! Thank you to the men working the Denver k9 units!! @ufc @VF_Elite http://t.co/wnc85jau
- 3 days, 15 hours, and 43 minutes
- Watch out Denver!! These guys are real!! Denver k-9 unit at work!! @ufc @Jonnybones http://t.co/pdB0ae10
- 3 days, 17 hours, and 31 minutes
- @AlexTheMauler I got your next walkout shirt buddy!!! Hahaha http://t.co/ZqRvlWZn
- 5 days, 1 hour, and 58 minutes
- Phone is on, and the calls have already started!! If I dont get to you keep calling!! 760-566-6733 @ufc #ufc135 #fightnight25
- 6 days, 20 hours, and 52 minutes
- Call in again in 40 min to talk about #fightnight25 or ask questions about @ufc135 760-566-6733 @famoussas @ufc @travisbarker
- 6 days, 21 hours, and 30 minutes
- @AlexTheMauler hahahaha how you been brutha?!?! I'm jealous that you get to just eat right now!!!! I'm dieting for this fight.. No fun!!!
- 1 week, 1 day, 4 hours, and 31 minutes
- @AlexTheMauler better not call me out if u move up to my weight division buddy!! Lol
- 1 week, 1 day, 4 hours, and 43 minutes
- On my last call with someone from Florida.. Thank you all that called in!! Sorry if I didn't get to you I'll be doin this again!! @ufc135
- 1 week, 1 day, 16 hours, and 47 minutes
- Imma leave my phone on for the fans, for the next 20 min.. 760-566-6733 @SafeAuto @MusclePharm
- 1 week, 1 day, 17 hours, and 14 minutes
- Alright guys imma leave my phone on for the next 20 min if you want to call in and talk.. 760-518-9619 @ufc @famoussas @travisbarker
- 1 week, 1 day, 17 hours, and 16 minutes