Co-Main Event | Middleweight · 185 lbs | MMA
Court McGee defeats Dongi Yang via 3 Round Decision
|13-1-0||Pro Record At Fight||10-1-0|
|Climbed to 14-1||Record After Fight||Fell to 10-2|
|-185 (Slight Favorite)||Betting Odds||+155 (Slight Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||South Korea|
|Orem, Utah||Fighting out of||Seoul, South Korea|
|26 years, 9 months, 5 days||Age at Fight||26 years, 9 months, 3 days|
|184.5 lbs (83.7 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||186.0 lbs (84.4 kgs)|
|5'11" (181cm)||Height||5'11" (181cm)|
|75.5" (192cm)||Reach||73.0" (185cm)|
|The Pit Elevated Fight Team||Gym||Team Macho|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou
- Date: Saturday 09.17.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Yves Lavigne
- Venue: New Orleans Convention Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Bout Billing: Co-Main Event (fight 11 of 12)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- McGee Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Yang Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
McGee vs. Yang Wiki Update Wiki
In the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 25, Ultimate Fighter winner Court "The Crusher" McGee took on Dongi "The Ox" Yang in a middleweight fight. McGee entered the fight at 2-0 in the UFC and 13-1 overall. Yang came into the bout 1-1 in the UFC and 10-1 overall.
Yang landed his right hand early, followed by the fighters exchanging low kicks. The pair appeared hesitant to fully commit to their attacks with only single strikes being sent back and forth. Yang's low kicks repeatedly crashed into McGee's lead leg, perhaps the most effective strikes of the round. Yang caught a low kick and barely missed with a big right-hook counter. Yang again looked to counter with his right but whiffed once more. The first round was competitive.
The fighters turned up the heat in the second round, with McGee in particular looking to land a monster left hook that Yang was just out of range for. McGee clinched up but Yang easily gained control of the situation and shrugged McGee off. A nice left hand by Yang, McGee then clinched and looked in prime position for a takedown, but Yang expertly defended to keep the fight standing. Another relatively even round.
Shortly into the third round a small trickle of blood formed under Yang's nose, though the fight remained relatively even and uneventful. Two minutes in, "The Ox" landed a big left that sent Yang stumbling backwards. Yang was around to McGee's back but couldn't hold the fight down. McGee seemed to recover quickly and it was Yang who's face looked to show more damage and exhaustion. McGee took the fight down directly into mount with a minute remaining in a sign of how tired Yang had become. Yang was able to get back to his feet, though with his mouth wide open and his feet dragging was an easy target for McGee's punches. Another takedown from McGee and then an flurry of punches and elbows, capped off by a top-side guillotine choke attempt as time expired and McGee clearly in control.
The judges scored the fight 30-27, 29-28, and 30-28, declaring the winner by unanimous decision, Court McGee.
McGee vs. Yang Fight Predictions
McGee vs. Yang Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Be sure and read the last installment of my training camp diary available on @FeelItNutrition.com!
- 4 days
- I want to thank all of my sponsors again, without you I couldn't do what I do. @Affliction @FeelItNutrition @efxusa @@SweetSweatUSA @Revgear
- 4 days
- Out for a stroll in my NEW ride NOT! I still drive the car I bought my wife in high school #GANGSTA http://t.co/KApIc0bV
- 4 days
- "@ufc: Think these guys look happy to be here? http://t.co/KZqSMKW7 http://t.co/DN6dpQv4" Till they step in the octagon an start swinging!
- 3 days
- "@laurennicole21: @Court_McGee is this you?? Or a serious look a like?? Lol http://t.co/YipS9PY4" it was me and my family
- 3 days
- "@radmFTW: I'm sore today. Looking forward to a little time off to heal this old body." Likewise!!!
- 2 days
- "@Pit_Master: @Danny_Gunnz @court_mcgee ... I love it. Danny was a huge reason for that win."agreed
- 2 days
- A big thanks to all my fans, friends, and family. No offense to the other athletes, but I have the best of all three! Thanks @ufc
- 20 hours
- Thank you again to Tracy and everyone at @Affliction for supporting me tonight! I won't let you down. http://t.co/dbUU4DrC
- 29 minutes
- Weigh In's. Thanks again to @FeelItNutrition @SweetSweatUSA @EFXUSA @Gunstore @Affliction1 @Revgear @Tapout. http://t.co/HYLi4YjA
- 35 minutes
- A big thank you to two of my favorite people @Gunstore Chris and Alicia Irwin for making the trip to New Orleans, you guys are the best!
- 1 hour
- Me and the @Pit_Master both sponsored by @EFXUSA, god help us all!!! http://t.co/bulfxIXZ
- 1 hour
- Check out the second to last installment of my training camp diary on @FeelItNutrition.com today! http://t.co/dX7c9N4e
- 1 hour
- Thanks to @Affliction1 for supporting me and my team mate @ClayHeavyMetal! http://t.co/9tRNU4wi
- 6 hours
- "@luigimondelli: Best luck tomorrow!!! @Court_McGee @PitElevated @Pit_Master" thankyou
- 16 hours
- And amazingly I've kept all my muscle thanks to the proper supplementation advice and products from my amazing sponsor @FeelItNutrition!
- 19 hours
- Just getting to New Orleans, FIGHT WEEK! @feelitnutrition @SweetSweatUSA @efxusa @Affliction1 @Revgear @Tapout and Flagship Financial.
- 4 days
- Thanks again to all my sponsors. @feelitnutrition @SweetSweatUSA @efxusa @Affliction1 @Revgear @Tapout and Flagship Financial.
- 5 days