Main Card | Welterweight · 170 lbs | MMA
Rory MacDonald defeats Mike Pyle via KO/TKO at 3:54 of Round 1
|11-1-0||Pro Record At Fight||21-7-1|
|Climbed to 12-1||Record After Fight||Fell to 21-8|
|-280 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+230 (Moderate Underdog)|
|Montreal, Quebec||Fighting out of||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|22 years, 1 day||Age at Fight||35 years, 10 months, 5 days|
|170.6 lbs (77.4 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||170.8 lbs (77.5 kgs)|
|6'0" (183cm)||Height||6'0" (183cm)|
|76.0" (193cm)||Reach||74.0" (188cm)|
|MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This||Walkout Music|
|Tristar Gym||Gym||Xtreme Couture|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 133: Evans vs. Ortiz 2
- Date: Saturday 08.06.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Kevin Mulhall
- Venue: Wells Fargo Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 7 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Pyle Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- MacDonald Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Pyle vs. MacDonald Wiki Update Wiki
The first bout to air on the pay per view main card of UFC 133 featured Rory "Ares" MacDonald taking on Mike "Quicksand" Pyle in a welterweight contest. Pyle entered the fight on a three-fight win streak and was 4-2 overall in his previous UFC competition. MacDonald was 2-1 in his UFC fights and coming off of an impressive victory over Nate Diaz at UFC 129. Pyle catered to the Philadelphia crowd with the "Rocky" theme song as his walkout music.
MacDonald landed a right hand early and Pyle fell to his back, though quickly hopped back up. Pyle pressed forward and landed a takedown, escaped from a guillotine choke and went to work in MacDonald's guard. MacDonald escaped to his feet and found himself pressed against the fence, soon taken down again. MacDonald again escaped to his feet and landed a nice combination. A modified standing guillotine from MacDonald had Pyle grimacing and desperately working free. MacDonald stood over a butt-scooting Pyle, kicking the legs until opting to move into guard. A big punch had Pyle turning to his side in obvious pain. MacDonald attacked full-on, blasting Pyle with punches until referee Kevin Mulhall had seen enough and jumped in to call it off.
The official end came at 3:54 of the first round. Speaking to Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview, MacDonald commented, "I wish it would have went a little longer because I could have shown more things, but I'm just going to keep evolving... I was just trying to control his body, get my weight over his, stay out of dangerous submissions... as soon as I felt that clean impact I knew it was time to finish."
Pyle vs. MacDonald Fight Predictions
Pyle vs. MacDonald Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- thanks everyone finally back home, and time to sleep :) what a great week thanks to everyone @ufc and @danawhite
- 1 day
- caught in the moment and forgot my banner! for those that missed it please take a look here, Thank you SPONSORS!! http://twitpic.com/62liox
- 1 day
- Thx @tapout for all the sweet gear for my fight Saturday night at @UFC133 , my corner men love the jumpers
- 2 days
- Everyone knows by now im sponsored by @HAYABUSA_MMA , the BEST quality gear in MMA bar none!...check them out!
- 4 days
- Big shoutout to my guys over at @TRXtraining Thanks for your continued support, Im in shape and ready! Thank you!!!
- 4 days