Preliminary Card | Lightweight · 155 lbs
Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira ends in No Contest
|21-3-2||Pro Record At Fight||14-1-0||Stayed at 21-3-2||Record After Fight||Stayed at 14-1-0|
|+140 (Slight Underdog)||Betting Odds||-160 (Slight Favorite)|
|Coconut Creek, Florida||Fighting out of||Houston, Texas|
|26 years, 10 months, 6 days||Age at Fight||21 years, 8 months, 2 days|
|155.6 lbs (70.6 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||153.8 lbs (69.8 kgs)|
|5'8" (173cm)||Height||5'10" (178cm)|
|68.0" (173cm)||Reach||74.0" (188cm)|
|American Top Team||Gym||Gold Team Texas|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC on Versus 4: Barry vs. Kongo
- Date: Sunday 06.26.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Chip Snider
- Venue: Consol Energy Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 3 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Lentz Total Disclosed Pay: $50,000
- Oliveira Total Disclosed Pay: $50,000
Lentz vs. Oliveira Wiki Update Wiki
The third bout of UFC on Versus 4 featured Nik "The Carnie" Lentz taking on Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira in a compelling lightweight matchup. Lentz came into the bout 5-0 with one draw in his prior UFC fights, while Oliveira was 2-1 in his UFC contests, losing only to top contender Jim Miller.
Oliveira came out and threw first, landing an inside low kick and then moving in for a thai clinch, but was taken down by Lentz. Oliveira kept Lentz at bay with an upkick but Lentz soon made his way on top and tried to ground and pound. Oliveira was active off of his back, looking for a leg lock that Lentz got free from. Lentz must not have liked what he felt on the ground and after briefly passing to side control and then being pulled back to half-guard, decided to stand back up. Oliveira unloaded on the feet and connected on several good strikes, stuffing a takedown attempt from Lentz. In a big exchange both fighters nailed each other with punches but it was Lentz who dropped to his back. Oliveira dove on top looking to finish, saw an opening for a d'arce choke and had Lentz in trouble. Lentz dramatically escaped and then attacked with a guillotine attempt of his own. Oliveira escaped and used a great hip throw to send Lentz sailing to the ground. The excellent first round ended with Oliveira on top and Lentz looking exhausted as he stood back up.
Oliveira came out with a flying knee early in the second. Lentz took him down but Oliveira swept to top position. Lentz tried to work an arm-in guillotine, rolled Oliveira over and stood up. Oliveira connected with an illegal knee directly to the chin that the referee completely missed. Lentz, clearly hurt, was then nailed with a series of hammerfists, another knee (this time legal), and then locked into a fight-ending rear naked choke.
The crowd booed the result loudly, knowing the strike was illegal. Lentz's face was opened up with three cuts including a large gash under his right eye. The official end came at 1:48 of the second round, with the commission already announcing and communicating to UFC officials that the fight would be reviewed.
On June 29th, three days following the bout, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission announced that it had overturned the results of the bout and declared it a no-contest due to the illegal knee strike.
Lentz vs. Oliveira Fight Predictions
Lentz vs. Oliveira Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Thanks for the support! RT @BonyAcai: Congratulations to Charles Oliveira on his win at UFC Live.
- 2 days
- !!! RT @BodyKore: @C_Oliveira_UFC from @ufc fight night victory fight banner! @ko_reps @dethrone #mma #ufc http://yfrog.com/kl82wsqj
- 2 days
- Thanks everyone for support. I'm sorry if knee was no good. I just fight. @NikLentz is warrior. @ufc
- 6 hours
- RT @CSCMemorabilia: Collectors interested in @C_Oliveira_UFC banner from tomorrow's fight, contact us! #mma #memorabilia
- 1 day
- RT @ko_reps: Here is @C_Oliveira_UFC autographed hat. Now available- http://bit.ly/iJ6P4p
- 7 days