Main Event | Tournament Championship | 170 lbs
Jay Hieron defeats Rick Hawn via 3 Round Decision
|21-4-0||Pro Record At Fight||11-0-0|
|Climbed to 22-4||Record After Fight||Fell to 11-1|
|-170 (Slight Favorite)||Betting Odds||+150 (Slight Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||Fighting out of||Dracut, Massachusetts|
|34 years, 9 months, 1 week, 1 day||Age at Fight||34 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 1 day|
|170.8 lbs (77.5 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||170.8 lbs (77.5 kgs)|
|6'0" (183cm)||Height||5'9" (176cm)|
|75.0" (191cm)||Reach||71.0" (180cm)|
|Xtreme Couture||Gym||Sityodtong Boston|
- Bout Information
- Event: Bellator 43
- Date: Saturday 05.07.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Jason Herzog
- Venue: First Council Casino
- Enclosure: Cage
- Location: Newkirk, Oklahoma, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Event (fight 7 of 6)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
- TV Commentary: Sean Wheelock, Jimmy Smith
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Jimmy Smith
- Hieron Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Hawn Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Title on Line: Tournament Championship
- Belt Status Before Fight: Vacant
- Tournament: Bellator Season 4 Welterweight
- Tournament Round: Finals
Hieron vs. Hawn Wiki Update Wiki
Bellator 43's Main Event pitted top twenty welterweight Jay Hieron against undefeated Judo specialist Rick Hawn in the final of the Season Four Welterweight Tournament.
The men start out swinging in the center of the cage. Hieron is getting the better of the early goings, and mixing in kicks effectively to control distance. A good left from Hawn lands near the 3:00 mark. The fighters have yet to tie up. Hawn is having trouble reaching Hieron, and is lunging with Supermans to try to get there. Hieron sees it and is trying to time it with a knee. Hawn lands again, and yet again in the last minute. His most effective sequence of the round. A close first round controlled by Hieron in the early goings, but Hawn came on in the latter half.
The standup continues in round two with both fighters squaring off in the center. Hawn has at least equalized, having figured out the length of Hieron. Now it's Hieron that needs to make adjustments. A brief slip from Hieron near the midway point. Neither fighter has rocked the other despite a good pace in the standup. Hawn is trying to walk him down, and lands a good left with 90 seconds remaining in the second. Another close round as it enters the final minute. Hawn lands again, and is the aggressor.
Hieron's 9 fight win streak is in jeopardy as the fighters enter the final frame of a close one. Hieron resumes leg kicks, but Hawn may have the faster hands. A spinning back kick from Hieron. Three minutes remaining in the fight and Hieron is backing away as Hawn advances relentlessly. Hieron is cut and bleeding from the eye. Hawn begins mixing in leg kicks to the left leg of Hieron. The entire fight has remained on the feet. Hawn lands again in the final minute. Hieron looks busted up. A close fight to call as the final bell sounds.
The judges score the bout 29-28 Hieron, 29-28 Hawn, and 29-28 Hieron for Jay Hieron, who wins by Split Decision to take the Season Four Tournament Crown.
Hieron vs. Hawn Fight Predictions
Hieron vs. Hawn Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- This isn't science but trust me I'm gonna take u too school.. @Benaskrin
- 4 days, 7 hours, and 23 minutes
- VERY TRUE..RT @KelvinHunt: @Jayhieron that's what's up...if you only inspired one..it was worth it.
- 4 days, 6 hours, and 50 minutes
- Went to the boys town- today to talk to the kids it was sad but I'm happy I can share my story & hopefully a few were inspired!
- 4 days, 6 hours, and 15 minutes
- Check this video out -- Jay Heiron Promo web.mov http://t.co/ODfNYwA via @youtube
- 3 days, 19 hours, and 49 minutes
- RISE & GRIND!RT @uselessgomez: Driving to the gym to get a quick workout in before work. The sun isn't even out yet!
- 3 days, 16 hours, and 44 minutes
- Thx homie!RT @bigwood13: @Jayhieron finally just watched your fight .. Great work brother , looked sharp !! Congrats !!
- 3 days, 9 hours, and 34 minutes
- TRUE!RT @ralphmarston: If people are not allowed to fail, they will be unable to succeed.
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 4 minutes
- WORD!RT @bigwood13: “The key to success is often the ability to adapt”
- 2 days, 7 hours, and 33 minutes
- Thx 4 supporting me!RT @CliffGammaCEO: Hey @Jayhieron congrats on the win Saturday night. Thanks for supporting @gammalabs
- 2 days, 4 hours, and 51 minutes
- The only bad part is I can't smell this awesome food cause my beak is twisted :-(
- 2 days, 4 hours, and 25 minutes
- TRUE!RT @Sports_Greats: It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up. -Vince Lombardi
- 2 days, 1 hour, and 29 minutes
- WORD!RT @Sports_Greats: If you are afraid of failure you don't deserve to be successful! -Charles Barkley
- 1 day, 21 hours, and 50 minutes
- THX TO MY TEAM @mastermitter @SugarRaySefo @Jake_Bonacci @TheDolceDiet & all my training partners @Xtreme_Couture
- 20 hours and 34 minutes
- WHEELS UP...RT @mastermitter: On the now with @Jayhieron Can't wait to get home.
- 15 hours and 20 minutes
- From my last fight 3 weeks ago but it was a tournament & everything was on a schedule any thx everyone for the support I'm gonna heal up
- 11 hours and 28 minutes
- My nose was broke from my last fight 3 weeks ago I tried to mot get hit in it but it's the hurt bis. I would have liked more time to heal
- 11 hours and 26 minutes
- Thx big broRT @SugarRaySefo: @mastermitter Good to hear coach we're with you and @Jayhieron in spirit and Good Luck for tomorrow!!
- 17 hours and 43 minutes
- Global ;-)RT @mmajapandotcom: Excited to watch @jayhieron fight tomorrow night. Best of luck from mma-japan
- 17 hours and 43 minutes
- Thx kid.RT @tjlavin: @Jayhieron get em this weekend homie. Dig deep & make it happen, you got this!
- 1 day, 21 hours, and 19 minutes
- @ErikApple: Good luck to @Jayhieron this weekend. The dude is a badass
- 1 day, 23 hours, and 10 minutes
- Yea.RT @philbaroni: That's when you won the counties ha ha “@Jayhieron: BEAST MODE THEN http://t.co/FTcibAj” hahahahaahaa!
- 4 days, 14 hours, and 21 minutes
- Lol.RT @TapouT_Junkie: @Jayhieron that's seriously dope!! But in your before pic,dont you mean" house party" mode?lol. #kidnplay
- 4 days, 20 hours, and 58 minutes
- Lmao haha.RT @jaysilvaufc: @Jayhieron hahahahhaha u look the same homie
- 4 days, 21 hours, and 2 minutes
- Thoroughbred...RT @JordynLaneH: @Jayhieron geez! You've had like 3 fights in the last 3 months.. You're an animal! Lol
- 5 days, 3 hours, and 18 minutes
- Yes this Saturday. :-))RT @JordynLaneH: @Jayhieron r u fighting again??
- 5 days, 3 hours, and 52 minutes
- May 7th HIERON vs HAWN tournament finals @BellatorMMA LIVE ON @MTV_2
- 5 days, 3 hours, and 53 minutes
- Lol.RT @Mike_Pyle: Bin laden shot in the head .... I herd Clint Eastwood was the shooter ... U feel lucky punk .... Well do ya??
- 5 days, 3 hours, and 58 minutes
- I'm still lol..RT @lyc4nthrope: @Jayhieron yo your profile pic looks like you taking a huge shit! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
- 6 days and 43 minutes
- Hahahahaha...RT @lyc4nthrope: @Jayhieron yo your profile pic looks like you taking a huge shit! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
- 6 days and 46 minutes
- Word.RT @MikeKellyLV: @CATALYSTGROUPLV BBQ with @jayhieron and the crew.
- 6 days, 20 hours, and 47 minutes
- WORD!!RT @themissjess: @Jayhieron hmmm keep thinkin about that damn bbq meat.. nothing tastes the same SMH
- 1 week, 1 day, 2 hours, and 42 minutes
- RISE & GRIND.. it's Friday & my body still feels fresh..(blessed)
- 1 week, 1 day, 5 hours, and 37 minutes
- RT @MDashPoca: everyone tune into MTV on sat may 7th. check out my boy @Jayhieron aka the wild stallion fighting in the finals @BellatorMMA
- 1 week, 1 day, 21 hours, and 17 minutes
- Lol.RT @aaronsimpson: @Jayhieron @philbaroni you forgot +a good tan.
- 1 week, 1 day, 21 hours, and 18 minutes
- TRUE!RT @Sports_Greats: Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory. -Unknown
- 1 week, 1 day, 22 hours, and 22 minutes