Preliminary Card | Middleweight · 185 lbs | MMA
Jason MacDonald defeats Ryan Jensen via Submission at 1:37 of Round 1
|24-14-0||Pro Record At Fight||15-7-0|
|Climbed to 25-14||Record After Fight||Fell to 15-8|
|-110 (Near Even)||Betting Odds||-120 (Near Even)|
|Edmonton, Alberta||Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|35 years, 10 months, 6 days||Age at Fight||33 years, 7 months, 3 days|
|185.0 lbs (83.9 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||185.0 lbs (83.9 kgs)|
|6'3" (190cm)||Height||6'1" (185cm)|
|80.0" (203cm)||Reach||76.0" (193cm)|
|Pure Fitness MMA||Gym||Jackson Wink MMA|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields
- Date: Saturday 04.30.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Herb Dean
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 3 of 12)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- MacDonald Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Jensen Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
MacDonald vs. Jensen Wiki Update Wiki
The third bout of UFC 129, streamed live on Facebook.com, featured Jason MacDonald taking on Ryan Jensen. MacDonald came into the bout 5-6 in prior UFC fights, and a veteran fighter with a combined 24-14 overall MMA record. Jensen came into the bout 2-5 in prior UFC bouts, and an overall MMA record of 15-7.
Jensen came forward swinging big early, but MacDonald immediately took the fight down, popped out of a guillotine attempt, and took Jensen's back. MacDonald began working for a triangle choke off of his back, tying up Jensen's right arm trapped as he slowly worked his legs into position. MacDonald finally was able to completely lock in the choke, held steady as Jensen attempted to lift and slam out, and a moment later forced the tapout from Jensen.
Speaking to Joe Rogan during the post-fight interview, MacDonald commented, "I'll tell you what, hello Canada I love you guys... I was looking for triangle before I was off his back, he left his arm in there... the slam is not a good escape for the triangle and there's the reason why."
MacDonald vs. Jensen Fight Predictions
MacDonald vs. Jensen Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Thank you to my sponsors this past weekend, jakt, sweet sweat, jaco, blowout cards and Crossfit!
- 3 days
- I'm upset and pissed about my performance but hats off to @danawhite @ufc for throwing the show! Amazing!!!
- 12 hours
- Elevation Training Mask are the best for simulating Hight Altitude, This is what I used! Thanks for Everything Guys!!!
- 1 day
- Man media marathon today, 15 phone interviews, open workout question and answer and skype chat!
- 2 days
- Just got done grubbing with @EllenbergerMMA , @JoeEllenberger , @KyleNoke , @JasonBrilz , Zac Stalder at Harbor Grill Pub!
- 3 days
- Thx to all the guys and coaches that i trained with in the 505!!! Fight time!!! Thx @DiegoDBaca for S&C!!
- 5 days