Main Event | Lightweight · 155 lbs | MMA
Melvin Guillard defeats Evan Dunham via KO/TKO at 2:58 of Round 1
|27-8-2||Pro Record At Fight||11-1-0|
|Climbed to 28-8||Record After Fight||Fell to 11-2|
|+195 (Moderate Underdog)||Betting Odds||-240 (Moderate Favorite)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Denver, Colorado||Fighting out of||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|27 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 2 days||Age at Fight||29 years, 1 month, 4 days|
|155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)|
|5'9" (176cm)||Height||5'10" (178cm)|
|71.0" (180cm)||Reach||70.0" (178cm)|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2
- Date: Saturday 01.22.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Mario Yamasaki
- Venue: Fort Hood
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Killeen, Texas, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Event (fight 11 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Dunham Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Guillard Total Disclosed Pay: $30,000
Dunham vs. Guillard Wiki Update Wiki
Melvin Guillard brought a swift end to his highly anticipated divisional showdown against fellow young lion Evan Dunham in UFC's Fight for the Troops Main Event, using superior hand and foot speed to connect repeatedly on Dunham's jaw for the barely three minute affair, which he won by knockout for his third victory in a row.
Dunham was tagged hard immediately out of the gate and looked to be on wobbly legs within seconds. The gritty up-and-coming contender rallied, however, securing an early takedown on Guillard where the two spent upwards of a minute working against the cage. Guillard eventually returned the fight to the feet, where his blinding array of power punches quickly spelled doom for Dunham. The end came at 2:58 following a powerful sequence of punches and knees from Guillard to the head of the slumping Dunham. As Dunham crumpled to the mat one more knee to the head - arguably illegal, but mere icing on the cake at that point - finished the job.
Guillard was succinct in his point fight comments, proclaiming himself the best 155er in the UFC and ready to earn a title shot in 2011 or 2012 at the latest. “I want my title shot,” said Guillard. “Keep lining them up and I’ll keep knocking them down. I will go undefeated in 2011.”
Dunham vs. Guillard Fight Predictions
Videos & Highlights
Training | Guillard vs Dunham Open Workout Video report dead link
Video and interview from the Fight For The Troops 2 open workouts, featuring Melvin Guillard and Evan Dunham.
Interview | Evan Dunham Speaks Before His Melvin Guillard Bout report dead link
Evan Dunham talks to The Shoot a few days before his Fight For The Troops bout with Melvin Guillard. Video includes brief training clips of Dunham's camp.
Dunham vs. Guillard Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Sparing session was great today team JACKSON'S all fuckin day people.
- 2 days, 22 hours, and 33 minutes
- My new IRON STAR walk out shirt will hit the stores next month in Spencers. !!!!!
- 2 days, 1 hour, and 19 minutes
- To everyone that doubted me thank you. Your the reason I train and fight so hard.
- 16 hours and 35 minutes
- Tough night, it wasn't my day. I won't let this stop me. Thanks to everyone for your support. Live, learn and become better.
- 14 hours and 54 minutes
- On my way to the airport heading back to albuquerque for 2 week. Back to training.
- 13 hours and 36 minutes
- It's the hurry up and wait game till my turn to fight. Thanks to everyone for the support. I am more than ready to hunt The Young Assassin.
- 2 hours and 5 minutes
- A special thanks to all the troops of every branch for all the support this night is for all of you !!!!!!!!
- 5 hours and 12 minutes
- RT @danawhite Dunham vs. Guillard!!! http://twitpic.com/3seiq6 Don't miss it free on Spike tonight.
- 5 hours and 57 minutes
- Thanks to all my Family and Supporters in the NEW ORLEANS area love all of you.
- 9 hours and 52 minutes
- Just had my dinner wit Wifey, coach greg, coach tripp, and sag chris molina. I'm ready!!!
- 23 hours and 20 minutes
- Half pound under I'm on people thanks for your help and support. Weight in time. !!!!!
- 1 day, 8 hours, and 57 minutes
- Check out my new IRON STAR shirt online Silverstar.com and it will hit the stores this february!!!!!!
- 2 days, 8 hours, and 38 minutes
- Thanks to all my sponsors, Iron star, Hayabusa, Gamma-o, Trinity Tool, and Dr Robert Smit my Chirpractor dr.
- 3 days and 4 minutes
- I feel great and ready to fight. Thanks to all my sponsors for your support. Sprawl Headrush Micro Tech SE Solutions Topps Trading Cards
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes
- About to have a light breakfast with the Wifey !!!! Then my UFC interview great morning so far I must say. !!!!!!!
- 3 days, 11 hours, and 31 minutes
- Up sup early heading to the airport its game time people this is my year 2011. UFC CHAMPION !!!!!
- 4 days, 13 hours, and 3 minutes
- Everything is in place I'm feeling really good about this fight Saturday !!!!! Anything for our Troops !!!!
- 4 days, 23 hours, and 5 minutes
- RT @AlexGutierrez90 @evandunham155 Can I get a RT please. www.AddictedMMA.COM The evolution of fighting websites @AddictedMMA
- 5 days, 21 hours, and 40 minutes
- Hitting the gym awsome rite fuck yea let's get back to this MONEY
- 6 days, 9 hours, and 16 minutes
- Bleaching the hair. Time to Transform into the Young Assassin.
- 1 week, 3 hours, and 10 minutes
- So far today has been great. Cardio later for me treating it like another work day for me.
- 1 week, 4 hours, and 27 minutes
- Heading to training one on ones jitsu, then off to the sand dunes.
- 1 week, 1 day, 10 hours, and 36 minutes
- Its nice to have dinner with my fight family JACKSON'S for life. !!!!!!
- 1 week, 1 day, 23 hours, and 27 minutes
- LA was great yesterday thanks you Inside MMa for having me on the show. It will air tommorrow night ar 9et time.
- 1 week, 2 days, 10 hours, and 42 minutes