Preliminary Card | Featherweight · 145 lbs | MMA
Dustin Poirier defeats Josh Grispi via 3 Round Decision
|8-1-0||Pro Record At Fight||14-1-0|
|Climbed to 9-1||Record After Fight||Fell to 14-2|
|+250 (Moderate Underdog)||Betting Odds||-310 (Moderate Favorite)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Coconut Creek, Florida||Fighting out of||Rockland, Massachusetts|
|21 years, 11 months, 1 week, 6 days||Age at Fight||22 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 4 days|
|145.0 lbs (65.8 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||146.0 lbs (66.2 kgs)|
|5'9" (175cm)||Height||5'11" (180cm)|
|73.0" (185cm)||Reach||74.0" (188cm)|
|Gladiators Academy||Gym||South Shore Sportfighting|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 125: Resolution
- Date: Saturday 01.01.2011 at 10:00 PM ET
- Referee: Steve Mazzagatti
- Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 5 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 145 lbs (65.8 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Grispi Total Disclosed Pay: $15,000
- Poirier Total Disclosed Pay: $8,000
Grispi vs. Poirier Wiki Update Wiki
While UFC 125's instant classic Main Event between Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar stole Fight of the Night honors, the surprise result of the night belonged to Dustin Poirier, who entered the cage in relative obscurity to hand highly-touted featherweight contender Josh Grispi a serious beating that opened up lots of eyes. Poirier, who entered the cage a moderate underdog and virtually no Tapology members picked to win the fight, dominated in all phases of the game, particularly in the standup striking, where Poirier clinically stalked Grispi around the cage, hurting him with each punch, kick and knee in the clinch.
Grispi, for his part, showed not only that he could take a punch, but remained game through the first Decision loss of his career (2nd loss overall), firing back when possible and looking to sneak in shots against Poirier once it became clear he was outclassed in technique.
With the former WEC featherweight division now officially folded into the UFC and both men fighting in the Octagon for the first time, the bout took on added importance. It proved a major stepping stone upward for Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier, who made the most of his opportunity.
Grispi vs. Poirier Fight Predictions
Grispi vs. Poirier Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Just finished a tour of pearl harbor ..Wow http://yfrog.com/gyeelbgj
- 4 days, 19 hours, and 3 minutes
- Burger king in Hawaii serves rice with breakfast instead of grits.
- 4 days, 16 hours, and 20 minutes
- All of us on tour inside the USS Bremerton http://yfrog.com/hs97493900j
- 4 days, 16 hours, and 1 minute
- @KJB_MMA I'm here with Nate quarry Tom lawlor and a couple of other guys for the armed forces tour! They have us on a tight schedule
- 4 days, 12 hours, and 40 minutes
- Ok I'm up. It's 5:28am over here in Hawaii. Vegas then Lafayette now Hawaii my body doesn't know what time it is..
- 4 days, 12 hours, and 29 minutes
- On the way to pick up Tom lawlor and the rest of the guys from the airport
- 4 days, 3 hours, and 10 minutes
- I have to get cleared to fight lol , so makin some dr's appt today .But I know I'm fine lol ugh all I can think bout is fightin again! Lol
- 3 days, 12 hours, and 35 minutes
- @philbaroni you are a legend! I'm proud to have fought on the same card as you!! Thanks!
- 3 days, 5 hours, and 20 minutes
- I can't tell you how to fly a plane if I ain't never been I'm the cockpit you feelin me Man!!!
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 40 minutes
- Hey tweeps this is called cracklin!! Fried pig skin dirty south style!
- 2 days, 19 hours, and 22 minutes
- At the gym watching my friends crack each others heads for mma sparring!!
- 2 days, 17 hours, and 22 minutes
- Good morning twitter militia and @kurtpellegrino!! I have to pack and get ready to leave again in the morning:( going to japan!
- 2 days, 14 hours, and 41 minutes
- so glad to be back home , still very dissapointed with my performance i dont know what happened lol just didnt... http://fb.me/Q5xFpC0L
- 2 days, 13 hours, and 21 minutes
- @philbaroni Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts. -John Wooden
- 2 days, 1 hour, and 13 minutes
- @TimCredeur definitely watching him come back from that first rnd was inspirational!
- 1 day, 22 hours, and 30 minutes
- For those of you who haven't seen my weigh in pic on mmajunkie.. It's a new look I've been working on for a while it's called blue steel!!
- 1 day, 17 hours, and 57 minutes
- @kurtpellegrino good morning mighty twitter ring leader! You really got my street cred up with all these (cont) http://tl.gd/7t9rjl
- 1 day, 14 hours, and 49 minutes
- Ahh New Orleans I love the smell of gun smoke in the mornings!! http://yfrog.com/h8mqdovj
- 1 day, 14 hours, and 8 minutes
- Good morning twitter militia!! @TimCredeur is my good friend and trainer and his wife is having their first baby (cont) http://tl.gd/7t8jr7
- 1 day, 13 hours, and 39 minutes
- I'm finally in new Orleans! Now it's time to pick my wife up then go kick Bourbon street in the balls
- 1 day, 5 hours, and 21 minutes
- I'm at the Memphis airport and I'm not hungry but I will double check by eating again anyway!!
- 21 hours and 7 minutes
- @TimCredeur yeah it was a great experience for me ! He is a great competitor .. I wish u all the best and God bless
- 17 hours and 27 minutes
- Thanks to everyone who helped me get ready for this fight and everyone who has helped me chase my dreams!
- 15 hours and 49 minutes
- Big thanks to @ForByFighters for helping me with my nutrition and weight cut!! First time at 145lbs made it on a (cont) http://tl.gd/7rf7vh
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 54 minutes
- Check this video out -- Dustin Poirier UFC 125 compilation http://t.co/aefdn2S via @youtube
- 2 days and 16 minutes
- Can't wait to weigh in! Then it will be time to do what I was born to do!! Oh yeah you know what it is!! Scrap
- 2 days, 21 hours, and 33 minutes
- Let's play Words With Friends. My username is 'Dustina'. http://bit.ly/dK8DdN
- 5 days, 20 hours, and 55 minutes
- @MiguelTorresMMA how about that? On my way down to 145lbs for the first time.. Booooooo
- 1 week, 3 hours, and 7 minutes
- Finally got my xbox working again... Rocking some modest mouse out on guitar hero!!
- 1 week, 1 day, and 33 minutes