Preliminary Card | Lightweight · 155 lbs | MMA
Jeremy Stephens defeats Marcus Davis via KO/TKO at 2:33 of Round 3
|18-6-0||Pro Record At Fight||17-7-0|
|Climbed to 19-6||Record After Fight||Fell to 17-8|
|-290 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+235 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|San Diego, California||Fighting out of||Bangor, Maine|
|24 years, 7 months, 6 days||Age at Fight||37 years, 4 months, 1 week, 1 day|
|156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)|
|5'9" (176cm)||Height||5'8" (173cm)|
|71.0" (180cm)||Reach||70.0" (178cm)|
|Alliance MMA||Gym||Sityodtong Boston|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 125: Resolution
- Date: Saturday 01.01.2011 at 10:00 PM ET
- Referee: Kim Winslow
- Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 6 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Stephens Total Disclosed Pay: $96,000
- Davis Total Disclosed Pay: $31,000
Stephens vs. Davis Wiki Update Wiki
Jeremy Stephens scored one of the best knockouts of the new year when he turned off Marcus Davis's lights halfway through the third round of a lightweight fight he was almost certainly losing at UFC 125 on New Year's Day.
Davis was seeking to revive his foundering UFC career when he dropped to lightweight for the first time to face Stephens. The bout was hailed as a contest of skilled boxer (Davis) versus heavy banger (Stephens). The tilt was expected to remain largely on the feet, with Davis looking to outpoint "Lil' Heathen" while Stephens looked to clobber Davis with a big overhand. For two and a half rounds Davis executed just that gameplan. With the exception of a brief takedown by Davis in the first round, the contest remained standing, and Davis, a veteran of dozens of boxing matches, used superior angles and feints to elude Stephens and drop meaningful shots on him.
When the third round began, however, a charged up Stephens immediately pressed the action knowing he was down 2-0 and would need to finish. He closed the distance on Davis repeatedly and swung wildly, just missing his mark with what looked to be finishing power shots. Finally, at the 2:30 mark, Stephens connected on a giant right, sending Davis crashing to the canvas unconscious. Stephens followed up with one more big shot to the defenseless Davis a la Henderson on Bisping at UFC 100. Davis lay prone and the fight was over.
For Stephens it was a rousing comeback win from near certain defeat at the hands of the judges, and he charged around the ring with a wild-eyed jubilation. Stephens won Knockout of the Night honors for the thunderous finish. For Davis, it unfortunately spelled the end of a notable run in the UFC that began with great promise in 2005. The loss was his fourth in five fights, three of which by stoppages that left him unconscious on the canvas. The UFC cut Davis from its roster the following week, all flowing from a single punch that ended a fight he was otherwise winning, showing once again how fickle and how cruel the sport can be.
Stephens vs. Davis Fight Predictions
Videos & Highlights
Video Blog | Jeremy Stephens Video Blog 3 Weeks Before UFC 125 report dead link
Behind the scenes video blog posted December 12th from Jeremy Stephens ahead of his UFC 125 fight with Marcus Davis. Including training tips, views of his home and family life, and Brandon Vera playing with a dog with a killer grip.
Video Blog | Jeremy Stephens Video Blog 2 Weeks Before UFC 125 report dead link
Behind the scenes video blog posted December 20th from Jeremy Stephens ahead of his UFC 125 fight with Marcus Davis. Includes sparring sessions, diet talk, expectations for the fight, and more.
Stephens vs. Davis Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Livin LIFE like I thought I WOULD, call the CRIB same NUMBER same HOOD. It's allllll goood...-Biggie
- 5 days, 2 hours, and 21 minutes
- @ANTHONYRUMBLE thanks beast wish u was I. sD right about now. Remember when we ate sushi n I said Ima kill that foo, haha! Livin it bro
- 5 days, 2 hours, and 18 minutes
- Here at the house with my coaches n training partners, doing a BBQ! Headed out to @BarWest with @Rudejitsu n @Victory_mma_bjj ppls!
- 5 days and 17 minutes
- With @Fury21 @Rudejitsu eating some grub after training with Tony Palefox @Victory_mma_bjj
- 4 days, 18 hours, and 37 minutes
- Waiting on @Fury21 to get done with practice so we can go EAT @ The Malt Shop! STARVING!!!
- 3 days, 23 hours, and 57 minutes
- Headed back to San Diego. Had great time in Vegas, now it's time for Jamba Juice n a massage!
- 1 day, 16 hours, and 36 minutes
- @philbaroni no worries, sounds good just wanted to say what up n chill if u were out n about bro.
- 1 day, 6 hours, and 54 minutes
- THANKS Chris Singer for hooking me up tremendously. Check out this view. While I grub some SUSHI http://yfrog.com/h44v6lij
- 1 day, 1 hour, and 10 minutes
- Still in Vegas! About to hit the Spa at M resort, get the good energy back in me. Then it's ON!
- 23 hours and 27 minutes
- Thank u Lord for my win, thank my familia, mi coaches, mi fans for the support! I love everyone n sooo Happyright now! GOD is GOOD
- 4 hours and 8 minutes
- @EmillyMillerLV n I after my IV getting ready for some grub. Long time friends!! http://yfrog.com/gyvisuj
- 1 day, 1 hour, and 57 minutes
- Just finished my IV after weigh ins, About2 shower n go eat at Fiamma with @EmillerMillerLV n my friends! http://yfrog.com/h64urbj
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 49 minutes
- About to do my stretches n light massage work by my therapist! Always relaxes me n helps me get deep well deserved sleep!
- 1 day, 21 hours, and 57 minutes
- Finished my final workout before @UFC 125. Gotta tell ya I feel AWESOME!! Weight is great n ready for weigh INS mañana. ThNks 4all support!!
- 1 day, 22 hours, and 31 minutes
- Just chilln with Ryan n the team @ the MGM. Relaxing before we go eat n train! http://yfrog.com/h636228832j
- 2 days, 4 hours, and 17 minutes
- Finished my photo shoot for @UFC now back in hotel waiting on my massage therapist to get here to loosen me up before last training session.
- 2 days, 4 hours, and 28 minutes
- Just finished my massage therapy by Naudie N Jen. Got the good energy flowing correctly back in my body. Perfectly alligned n ready to sleep
- 2 days, 20 hours, and 49 minutes
- Thanks @Tyson_Griffin n @Xtreme_Couture for letting me train at their gym. Was nice gym! Feel great n weight is better : )
- 2 days, 23 hours, and 7 minutes
- Eating mixed greens with Organic chicken with @Fury21 Ryan Hass, Nobie n Tony Palefox. Then hitting up @Xtreme_couture for workout!
- 3 days, 2 hours, and 29 minutes
- Getting some morning egg whites n veggies, little oatmeal. Started my distilled water n feeling great!
- 3 days, 6 hours, and 43 minutes
- Just finished a good workout, now lounging! AGHhHH the GOOD LIFE!
- 3 days, 21 hours, and 12 minutes
- Awesome on my weight, checking into MGM Grand now. Then off to get some food n hit Whole Foods!
- 4 days, 3 hours, and 50 minutes
- Just landed in Vegas, time to get ride to MGM Grand n check weight with Bert.
- 4 days, 5 hours, and 14 minutes
- At the airport with Tony Palefox getting ready to board our plane to Vegas. Got good ENERGY today n feel pumped up! Great day so far
- 4 days, 6 hours, and 48 minutes
- Just woke up about to have some all egg whites n veggies, small oatmeal. Then headed to airport n off to Vegas at MGM Grand to see Bert
- 4 days, 10 hours, and 47 minutes
- Just finished my packing for Vegas! Now relaxn n just checked my itenerary n I get to SLEEP IN!
- 4 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes
- Packed for Vegas! Going to do my last final workout in SD, then flying out to Vegas early morning for @UFC 125. Can't wait to steal the show
- 5 days, 2 hours, and 16 minutes
- @ Jamba Juice getting double wheat grass shot n my Strawberry Energizer with @NEWBREED04
- 5 days, 4 hours, and 26 minutes
- Just ate some grub @ The Malt Shop with @NEWBREED04 @Fury21 Don Johnson n Gianna#2. now getting haircut in PB for freshness on Saturday
- 5 days, 5 hours, and 39 minutes
- Eating some salmon n avocado for dinner, with Hot Green Tea. Packing my bags for @UFC 125 at the MGM grand in Vegas! Ready for WAR!
- 5 days, 22 hours, and 30 minutes
- Got the best Family n friends ever! Thanks forthe Video Ryan n @clopez87. Was awesome to see everyone from far away! God bless
- 1 week and 49 minutes
- Merry Christmas! Thank you JESUS for my Healthy n Awesome Familia! Miss my fam a Tom n can't wait to bring em home a Victory for @UFC 125!
- 1 week, 5 hours, and 11 minutes
- Had great workout tonight, gym was empty besides the TEAM SUPREME @Victory_mma_bjj with @NEWBREED04 n Don Johnson n I with coach JOcko n Srg
- 1 week, 22 hours, and 17 minutes