Main Card | Lightweight · 155 lbs
Donald Cerrone defeats Chris Horodecki via Submission at 2:43 of Round 2
|12-3-0||Pro Record At Fight||16-2-0||Climbed to 13-3||Record After Fight||Fell to 16-3|
|-420 (Heavy Favorite)||Betting Odds||+330 (Moderate Underdog)|
|Albuquerque, New Mexico||Fighting out of||London, Ontario|
|27 years, 8 months, 3 days||Age at Fight||23 years, 2 months, 1 day|
|155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)|
|6'1" (185cm)||Height||5'8" (173cm)|
|73.0" (185cm)||Reach||67.0" (170cm)|
|Jackson Wink MMA||Gym||Adrenaline MMA Training & Fitness|
- Bout Information
- Event: WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis
- Date: Thursday 12.16.2010 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Herb Dean
- Venue: Jobing.com Arena
- Enclosure: Cage
- Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 9 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Todd Harris, Stephan Bonnar
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Craig Hummer
- Cerrone Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Horodecki Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Cerrone vs. Horodecki Wiki Update Wiki
In the ninth bout of WEC 53 Donald Cerrone took on Chris Horodecki. "The Cowboy" Cerrone came into the bout 5-3 with 1 no contest in WEC competition, while "The Polish Hammer" entered the contest at 2-1 in the WEC.
The shorter Horodecki was hit in the groin with an inside low kick early in the fight, causing a brief pause before restarting. Cerrone took the fight to the ground on his first attempt, but slipped off the back of Horodecki and lost position. After a series of mixed exchanges, Cerrone landed a strong knee to the chin as Horodecki closed the distance. Horodecki attacked the body and landed several shots, followed up with a spinning back kick. Cerrone popped up quickly when Horodecki looked for a double-leg takedown. Cerrone showed continued development in his wrestling and grappling, finishing the round by taking Horodecki's back but not having enough time to work for submissions.
Horodecki found himself in trouble early in round two, fighting off an omoplata and then getting stuck in a deep triangle. An odd moment took place with Horodecki accidentally sticking his fingers in Cerrone's mouth while fighting off the submission attempt, causing a flustered Cerrone to gag and call to the referee. Undeterred, Cerrone kept working the submission and a few moments later Horodecki finally had to submit from the choke.
Commenting to Craig Hummer in the post-fight interview, Cerrone stated, "Thanks to Greg Jackson always pushing to keep us motivated... Cole Miller, he beat a good friend of mine and I'm coming for you."
Cerrone vs. Horodecki Fight Predictions
Cerrone vs. Horodecki Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Cole you tear off my arm and I'll beat you with it!!!ithttp://bit.ly/evIe3C @colemillerATT
- 5 days
- Down in Texas at Leonard mom's house putting in a new hardwood floor! The this you do for buddies!! http://plixi.com/p/64454492
- 5 days
- RT @mstracylee: Hey @seanshelby ! Here’s the pic that shows the @cowboycerrone vs @colemilleratt fight in… http://goo.gl/fb/hM4tb #fb
- 5 hours
- WoW.Walked into Skrapes hotel room & saw the gayest thing ever!!! I can never look at Pat Barry & Skrape again! http://plixi.com/p/63243161
- 19 hours