Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs
Kamal Shalorus defeats Bart Palaszewski via 3 Round Decision
|6-0-2||Pro Record At Fight||35-13-0||Climbed to 7-0||Record After Fight||Fell to 35-14|
|-180 (Slight Favorite)||Betting Odds||+150 (Slight Underdog)|
|Washington, District of Columbia, United States||Fighting out of||Wonder Lake, Illinois|
|33 years, 3 months, 5 days||Age at Fight||27 years, 6 months, 2 days|
|156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)|
|5'8" (173cm)||Height||5'9" (176cm)|
|68.0" (173cm)||Reach||70.0" (178cm)|
|Dynamix MMA||Gym||Team Curran MMA|
- Bout Information
- Event: WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis
- Date: Thursday 12.16.2010 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Neil Sarembock
- Venue: Jobing.com Arena
- Enclosure: Cage
- Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 8 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Todd Harris, Stephan Bonnar
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Craig Hummer
- Shalorus Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Palaszewski Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Shalorus vs. Palaszewski Wiki Update Wiki
In the first televised bout of WEC 53, veteran Bart Palaszewski took on wrestling standout Kamal Shalorus. Palaszewski came into the bout 4-2 in WEC competition and having won three straight fights in the organization. Shalorus came in 2-0-1 in the WEC with his most recent outing an entertaining draw against Jamie Varner.
Shalorus took the center of the cage to begin round one and headhunted with his first few strikes before getting a takedown into Palaszewski's closed guard. Shalorus began throwing powerful ground and pound, especially to the midsection, until having to back up and away to avoid a Palaszewski armbar attempt. Shalorus continued to throw with power, moving back and forth from guard to standing over Palaszewski. Palaszewski jumped back to his feet and ate a punch on the way, yet managed to bring the fight to standing for the final minute. The fighters exchanged vicious low kicks with Shalorus appearing to get the better shots in, and clearly winning the round.
Round two saw the fighters stand for the first part of the round with the mohawked Palaszewski looking more comfortable. Shalorus continued throwing huge overhand punches but missed more than he connected as Palaszewski gauged the distance effectively. Shalorus's first takedown attempt was stuffed but with 90 seconds remaining was able to put Palaszewski on his back. Palaszewski stood with 30 seconds remaining in a far closer round than the first.
Palaszewski scrambled out of Shalorus's first takedown attempt in round three and landed with a headkick and a straight right a moment later. Shalorus succeeded in bringing it to the ground with two minutes left in the fight, passing to half-guard but then losing position with a minute left. Shalorus appeared tired and Palaszewski landed an assortment of punches and kicks as time wound down.
The official scorecards were 30-27, 28-29, and 29-28 for the Kamal Shalorus. Commenting to Craig Hummer in the post fight interview, Shalorus commented, "Bart is a tough fighter and experienced and I put all my strength into finishing him... but in the second round I started to gas out... I'm getting better and better."
Shalorus vs. Palaszewski Fight Predictions
Shalorus vs. Palaszewski Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- Starting to find all the injuries from the fight. Got to get them checked out asap. Light training starts monday, and problem solving.
- 1 day
- Mma's best couple :) haha RT @mizzle: Love this pif of @bartimus7 and @mmawives http://bit.ly/fB0hbv
- 1 day
- Don't leave it in the hands of judges...they don't know how to score fights. back to drawing board, I'm better then this. I'll be back :)
- 16 hours
- Amen!!! RT @mherron54: So I hop on MMA.TV to see the pettis GIF and the first post I see is @bartimus7 got robbed. Amen to that.
- 3 hours
- We need to get judges that know how to fucking judge. Mofos run from a fight and try to hump me and I lose. WTF?! Hahahaha
- 1 hour
- What up!!!! :) RT @SuckerPunchEnt: @headrushbrand checkout @bartimus7 ;) http://fb.me/viQ8Mwqx
- 5 days
- Thats horrible RT @feliceherrig: Is this homo wearing #ugs??? Fashion no no for Men!! http://twitpic.com/3erbtg
- 6 days
- Sick OCC chopper RT @headrushbrand: @Bartimus7 tweet this bro. Your part of team Headrush http://plixi.com/p/61656987
- 9 days
- @BigFrogBJJ @Jens_Pulver yeah Jens was making friends to day. Well his fists were making friends with dudes faces hahaha
- 9 days
- I def earned my fucking dollar tonight!!!! Long, busy, hard day :) love working hard for my money!!!
- 9 days
- I def dig them, super comfy RT @diamondmma: @Bartimus7 bart likes diamond mma! http://yfrog.com/h3df8j
- 9 days