Jorge "The Sandman" Santiago Forum Thread

Exclusive: The Reintroduction of Jorge Santiago

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  2,925  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5378
  • Post Score: 204

03.15.2011 | 11:18 AM ET

Check out the blog today for an exclusive interview with former Sengoku Middleweight Champion and the newest addition to the UFC's middleweight division, Jorge Santiago.

"“Fear is the mind-killer ... the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me ... Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”"

Jorge "The Sandman" Santiago

Photo Source:   MMAWeekly.com

• Given Name: Jorge Santiago Rodrigues
  • Professional MMA Record: 25-12-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Sandman
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: August 10, 2013 in WSOF
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 170.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 6'1" (186cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $146,000 USD
  • Born: Brazil
  • Fighter Pages: Sherdog  |  Wikipedia  |  The UG
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Personal Pages: Twitter

Responses

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  1,269  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1482
  • Post Score: 89

03.15.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

Awesome interview, i really didn't know much about Santiago and his perspectives toward fighting. I think it'll be a great fight with Stann.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

TheVigilante
TheVigilante
  • Predictions:  545  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 10

03.15.2011 | 12:06 PM ET

Another great read... looking forward to that fight even more now.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  19,577  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13260
  • Post Score: 131

03.15.2011 | 1:46 PM ET

Another great interview...Don't know a lot of Santiago, but am really excited for his fight with Stann

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  3,216  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14969
  • Post Score: 197

03.15.2011 | 4:56 PM ET

Good one. This is an interesting fight with Stann.  You would think the UFC is looking to keep building Stann into a star. But I think I side with Santiago in this fight. Maybe I'm missing something.

"Goddamn bugs whacked us, Johnny."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 51

03.15.2011 | 5:11 PM ET

good read, im glad Santiago is finally getting some recognition in the US, he was also interviewed on MTV2 at bellator last saturday also. His last couple fights in Sengoku were amazing, some of the best fights of the year with Misaki and Khalidov. I think his first stint in the UFC, against Belcher and Leban who at the time were also young and building up their names, Santiago clearly didnt take those fights seriously and the outcomes clearly explain that. Stann is a beast and i really like him, but right now i think Santiago is one of the best middle weights in the world 

"fresh outta Oakland..."

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  535
  • Post Score: 196

03.15.2011 | 6:14 PM ET

this is a big fight for stann excited to see these to guys bang it out!

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,108  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 151

03.15.2011 | 6:34 PM ET

They both like to bang, the problem is Stann bangs alittle harder! Santiago's fights in Sengoku were amazing though....just against different caliber fighters. Stann is a beast, he made Leban look like a child.

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  19,577  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13260
  • Post Score: 131

03.17.2011 | 5:10 PM ET

This is gonna be a tough one for me to pick...went and watched some of Santiago's fights and have liked what I saw...Stann however is a beast and looks like he's gonna make a nice run here and I'm a huge fan of his...has the makings of an exciting fight!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1120
  • Post Score: 109

03.17.2011 | 6:39 PM ET

Sweet interview.  Sucks to keep hearing about Japanese MMA promotions going under.  Up until reading this interview I was thinking Brian Stann would win this upcoming fight, but now I feel more inclined to go with Santiago.  I'm interested to see just how good he is because he really hasn't gotten much exposure.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

• MMAFighting.com : Bellator 123 fight card: Curran vs. Pitbull 2
  • MMAFighting.com : Scott Jorgensen vs. Wilson Reis slated for UFC 179 in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMA Weekly : Tonya Evinger Heads into Saturday’s Invicta FC Bout with Ediane Gomes with a Plan in Hand
  • MMA Junkie : Following weeks of unrest, UFC's Tyron Woodley plans to tour Ferguson school
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Not Looking to Expand Women’s Division Any Further Any Time Soon
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis 'not getting any younger,' so slugfest with Mitrione only makes sense
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping fires back at ‘laughingstock' Luke Rockhold: ‘He needs to be taught a lesson'
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie rankings, Sept. 2: Ben Askren continues slow rise
  • MMA Weekly : The Great MMA Debate Podcast: UFC Vet Joe Lauzon and Invicta Champ Michelle Waterson
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'Countdown to Bellator 123: Curran-Pitbull II' full episode
  • MMA Weekly : UFC 177 Medical Suspensions: Joe Soto and Danny Castillo Possibly Sidelined for 6 Months
  • MMAFighting.com : Shabulat Shamhalaev among three fighters signed by Titan FC
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator newcomer Bobby Lashley: I never should have signed with Strikeforce
  • Middle Easy : All is well at Camp Jackson: Overeem is still training with post-injury Jon Jones
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 177 medical suspensions: Joe Soto potentially out six months with fractured hand
  • Middle Easy : Listen up: Harold Lederman has a way to improve judging in boxing
  • MMA Junkie : New deal in hand, Josh Burkman says 'World Series of Fighting is good for the sport'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 177 salaries: T.J. Dillashaw pockets $100,000 for first title defense over Joe Soto
  • MMA Weekly : UFC 177 Fighter Salaries: Champion TJ Dillashaw Towers Over the Rest of the Payroll
  • MMA Junkie : Friday’s UFC Fight Night 50 not televised in Canada, streams on UFC Fight Pass