Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier Forum Thread

Exclusive: Origins and Expectations with Dustin Poirier

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  3,450  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7266
  • Post Score: 206

03.25.2011 | 11:39 AM ET

Check out the blog this morning for an interview with Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier, as he discusses his introduction to MMA, his current momentum, and his hopes for the future.

"“Fear is the mind-killer ... the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me ... Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”"

Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier

Photo Source:  

Mma weekly
  • Given Name: Dustin Glenn Poirier
  • MMA Record: 17-4-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Diamond
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: April 04, 2015 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 155.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 5'9" (175cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $512,000 USD
  • Born: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighter Pages: Sherdog  |  Wikipedia  |  The UG  |  UFC.com
  • Fighting out of: Coconut Creek, Florida
  • Personal Pages: Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Tapology

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  3,450  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7266
  • Post Score: 206

03.25.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

Here is the link....

"“Fear is the mind-killer ... the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me ... Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  23,010  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10951
  • Post Score: 122

03.25.2011 | 4:25 PM ET

cool, been looking forward to his next fight. I was amazed at the beating he put on Grispi.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

TheMope
TheMope
  • Predictions:  101  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 25

03.25.2011 | 10:39 PM ET

Same here kallous, I expect Grispi was even more surprised. Dustin looked great, looking forward to seeing more of him.

"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is Me. The Other is Godzilla."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  8,741  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2406
  • Post Score: 147

03.25.2011 | 10:57 PM ET

I think he's gonna beat Yahya even easier then Grispi.

Then hopefully they match him up against Koch. I think Koch would win but it sure as hell would be an exciting fight.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  23,010  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10951
  • Post Score: 122

03.25.2011 | 11:15 PM ET

gotta be a bit weary. Yahyas got better jiujitsu than Grispi. i dont think grispi expected to be put on his back.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  8,741  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2406
  • Post Score: 147

03.25.2011 | 11:29 PM ET

I think Poirier will keep it standing. His TDD is pretty good, Castillo was having trouble getting him down at 155 til Poirier kinda gassed.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

• MMA Weekly : UFC 188 Full Fight Flashback: Gilbert Melendez and Diego Sanchez’s War
  • MMA Weekly : Watch the UFC Fight Night 67 Q&A with Bethe Correia and Erick Silva Live, Friday at 1:45 pm ET
  • MMA Weekly : Watch the UFC Fight Night 67 Weigh-in Live, Friday at 3 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : Willie Gates vs. Darrell Montague set for TUF 21 finale in July in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Night 67 open workout highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Jessamyn Duke vs. Elizabeth Phillips added to UFC on FOX 16
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilson Reis believes title shot is at stake at UFC Fight Night 67
  • MMAFighting.com : Norman Parke doesn’t care about judges and referees in Brazil: ‘I’m gonna be victorious’
  • MMA Junkie : The Rock: Conor McGregor's act 'reminds me of how I was in the WWE'
  • MMAFighting.com : Jessamyn Duke returns to meet Elizabeth Phillips at UFC on FOX 16
  • MMAFighting.com : K.J. Noons doesn’t rule out definitive return to 170 pounds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Jimmo picks Ryan Bader over Daniel Cormier: ‘He’s a better athlete’
  • MMA Junkie : Twitter Mailbag: Correia steps over the line, Condit and Alves face turning points
  • MMAFighting.com : Nik Lentz: I was a waste of talent back in the day
  • MMA Junkie : Nik Lentz up for anything against Charles Oliveira, would agree to fight at current weights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC responds to accusation that Reebok deal is discriminatory to women
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 67 open workouts – Thiago Alves and Carlos Condit ready for main event
  • MMA Weekly : Knockout Radio Live: Ryan Bader, Ray Longo, Din Thomas and TUF 21 Winner
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Fight Night 67: Condit vs. Alves Staredowns Video
  • MMAFighting.com : Bethe Correia regrets suicide comments: ‘I was just showing [Rousey's] weak psychology for sports’